Mushy Peas to M&Ms and all the Stuff in Between.
OK, so we are supposed to be recounting the best and the worst and some aspects of what is neither from the entire year or even reaching back into last year. Essentially I am looking at things using "the big picture".
When I think of things that are really horrid or tough to swallow, excuse the pun, red peppers - not the hot kind - and mushy peas rank way up on the list. Well that is where I also have to rank Tanamakoon and the whole How How experience. My parents thought it was such a great idea, perhaps inspired by our school outing, that they made me go back for two more weeks. If it had not been for Olivia I would have struck out on my own without a concern about bears, drowning, or the killer Hermit.
So since I have established that Tanamakoon is on the left side of the scale there are some middle points that are worth mentioning before I get to the M&Ms. For instance, although Pond Study was cold and sleepless, we were all in it together and we figured out a few cool things in the end. Even though Haiti is still having issues and we should not lose sight of that, Dance for Haiti was a memorable occasion that raised awareness and money for the cause. Field hockey has offered another great series of events that have taught me alot about team work and about what it takes for our senior team to win five times at OFSAA. Amazing! I hope we can keep that flame burning and the streak alive!
So onto the M&Ms of Middle School. It is interesting that Middle School starts with an M don't you think given how important Ms are to M&Ms? Anyway, Round Square takes the cake! I would give up M&Ms forever to be able to do that again and I think that says it all. It was the pinnacle, the top, the best chance I have had to date in my fourteen years on this 3rd rock from the sun to see other people from other lands and experience some very cool things in just a few short days. I continue to have daily connections with the people I never knew existed. I hope to remain friends for life - kind of like a BFF, only more global - with these guys and maybe one day travel to see them where they live. That would be a great start to a bucket list, don't you think.
So, there it is. Middle School wrapped up in a nice food analogy that we can all sink our teeth into.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

no idea what this is about
ReplyDeleteyo maddog this post is really good.
ReplyDeletei like how you related bad foods and good foods to the bad things and good things. you had a really good conclusion and it was funny , and im just guessing that your probably going to get 99 %.
so good job.